Helston Climate Action Group is a collaboration between Helston Town Council and members of the Helston community. It was formed to work with Helston Town Council to achieve its climate goals, set when it declared a climate emergency in March 2019.
In September 2019 Helston Climate Action Group published their climate action plan, which drew together ideas from across the Helston community on how we can reach carbon neutrality by 2030 in a way that no-one and nothing is left behind.
These include ideas on:
• How we engage and enable our community
• How we transform our green spaces (see Forest for Helston)
• How we support local food production (see Incredible Edible Helston and Helston Local Food Hub)
• How we reduce consumption and waste (see Helston Repair Café)
• How we reduce energy demand and produce our own clean energy
• How we change the way we move around
• How we support our local businesses
• How we build a stronger, healthier, more resilient community